Professor ABDI M. KUSOW was conducting the class. He is a senior expert in training research methodologies and currently a Professor of Sociology in IOWA State University,USA.
Workshop Objectives: At the end of the workshop, the students were able to:
- understand some basic concepts of research and its methodologies
- identify appropriate research topics
- select and define appropriate research problem and parameters
- prepare a project (thesis) proposal (to undertake a project/thesis)
- organize and conduct research (advanced project) in a more appropriate manner
- write a research report, article/paper and thesis
- write a research proposal (grants)
- Review an article and submit the report (peer review process)
- Research ability,The skills in writing paper,
- and bring awareness and adaptation of professionalism,
- and bring confidence in scholars and professionals
- The ability of search and define problems
- Understand the peer review importance and write comments for a review; and many more..