Requirements for Research Degrees Admissions
- a Master’s Degree earned from a tertiary institution recognized by the Graduate Studies Committee (GSC) of the University of Southern Somalia;
- a copy of your Master’s thesis/dissertation.
- the GSC’s endorsement of the credentials and other documents submitted by the applicant.
In exceptional cases, the GSC may consider:
- a UK undergraduate (Bachelors) degree with a First Class Honors or Upper Second Class Honors and a work experience of 5 years in a higher learning academic institution recognized by the USS..
- alternatively, and in addition to a UK first class or upper second class honors degree, the candidate must have acquired relevant professional/working experience related to the area of both first degree and degree being applied for.
- an equivalent qualification from a recognized overseas tertiary institution endorsed by the GSC, the credentials of which the issuing institution has validated and confirmed.
- proof of a good command of the English language by exam.